Circleville Business/Employer Information
Thank you for picking Circleville as your Business City! If you are a new business to the City of Circleville and your business is in the city limits you are required by law to withhold city income tax on your employees wages and set up a net profit account for the business.
The City of Circleville is a Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) city. RITA processes all forms and payments for the City of Circleville.
Business Electronic Registration with RITA: E-Registration
Business Paper Registration with RITA:
1) Complete a Business Registration Form unless your business is already established with RITA. If your business is already established with RITA follow the same business guidelines as other cities.
2) Mail or fax the form to the City of Circleville Income tax, using the contact information on the left.
3) Your account(s) will be set by RITA and a Business Packet will be mailed to you. The Business Packet will identify all business tax requirements concerning city income tax for the City of Circleville.
All Business Forms and Instructions:
RITA Business Forms: Business Forms
Business forms be filed electronically using: RITA's E-File
Business payments can be paid electronically using: RITA's E-Payments
Employer Withholding Information:
Monthly - If the taxes withheld during any month exceeds $500.00, monthly
payments shall be made. Monthly payments are due on or before the last day of
the following month.
Quarterly - All employers not required to make monthly payments shall make
quarterly payments. Quarterly payments are due as follows:
- 1st Quarter (Jan, Feb, Mar) on or before April 30th
- 2nd Quarter (Apr, May, Jun) on or before July 31st
- 3rd Quarter (Jul, Aug, Sep) on or before October 31st
- 4th Quarter (Oct, Nov, Dec) on or before January 31st
Employer Withholding Statement Instructions: Employer Form 11 Instructions
Employer Withholding Statement Form: Employer Form 11 Form
Employer Withholding Reconciliation:
The reconciliation form must be filed on or before the last day of February following the calendar year in which employee withholding deductions have been made by an employer.
Employer Withholding Reconciliation Instructions: Employer Form 17 Instructions
Employer Withholding Reconciliation Form 17: Employer Form 17
If you have any question please contact us or the Regional Income Tax Agency - Business Division at 1-800-860-7482 ext 3244.
Thank you for your new business!